Thread: Please try my game Darkwood.

Post Please try my game Darkwood.

Okay everyone, I am gonna try posting my game. And I want any feedback on it. If ErionD can get a million zillion replies, so can anyone else right? I don't use ZIP because I don't, so download it at the link below, or you can go to my page and download it. Either way, thanks to anyone who has some input.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/horizon/darkwood.exe

The program is small and I had posted an earlier version before. Only the Good quest is done so far, since making up and typing all that story for all the options is alotta work. Doesn't have inventory or save or load yet, since this is just the introduction. Games ends abrubtly, since I have just uploaded what I have been working on. 500 some kb, since there are 6000+ lines of typing.

His = better? sorry
    HOw are ya?

And you spelt mold wrong its not mould
    HOw are ya?

You = simple? Why the question mark in your reply? Did you try my game to the end. Such small minded people...this is what I have to work with...it is going to be a long year...

I don't know where, or if you have learned your spelling, but mould, as in the type growing on bread after a year, is mould, not mold. Dictionary much?

Darkroot
    Hey, i like your game, although i've not really bothered to look at it in great detail, i'm really interested in how you did that text colour stuff (I'm kinda new to windows programming, i usually use ncurses) is there a link or soemthing you have where i could find out how to do that? or could you just mail me the code or something? i'd appreiciate this alot.

I played ur game to the end. and it is mold the green stuff that grows on bread not mould.
    HOw are ya?

No, it is mould. I don't know where you live, but around here it is mould. So you played it to the end? What did you think of the riddle, did you answer it right?

Anyways...Darkroot, about the text color. It is in the FAQ, but since it requires energy to check there (and us programmers are lazy) here is an example of the code. I am using the free v 5.5 compiler off the Borland site, and the way I do the color doesn't always work for other people (we have had trouble in the past). Anyhow, the way I do it is below.

Code:
    #include <iostream.h>
    #include <conio.h> // For the color

int main()
    {
    textcolor(RED);
    textbackground(BLACK);
    clrscr();
    cout<< "This is red.\n";

getch(); // Pause program

textcolor(WHITE);
    textbackground(BLUE);

cout<< "This is white writing with a blue background.\n";

getch();

return(0);
    }
    And that should work, always make sure to put the clrscr() after you change the text color, or it won't take effect. Look in the conio.h library for different colors, but I think my program uses all of them available. Oh ya, they call purple magenta. Make sure to always put the color in capitals. I am not quite sure how to do more than one color on the screen at once, but I hope this helps ya.

And GARGONII, it is mould. Green and mouldy. NOT green and moldy. Maybe different countries spell it differently. Are you from Canada or the US?

Seņor Member
    Maybe different countries spell it differently
    Not really. Stupid Brits spell things weird. Here in the US it's mold not mould. And how would you know? You don't even live in an English speaking nation.

I'm Back
    Americans dont like Us thus color,mold,etc & try to change the Ss to Zs.

I think next they'll try to chage USA to OZA
    -

Hey man, don't make fun of me cause I don't live somewhere where English is all important. You don't live in China, so you don't damn well know how we spell mould, do ya Tim? Racist.

I'm Back
    Hey Kyoto chill
    -

Unhappy ...

Yeah, I know, I just don't want to get prejudiced against because I don't live in the west and spell mould differently. Sorry Tim and anyone else I offended.

Arrow Well...anybody else...?

Don't let all this jibber-jabber stop you from trying out Darkwood. It is worth at least looking at. The title alone took me 10 years. Almost. Check it out, and please review here!

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/horizon/darkwood.exe

(about 500kb or so)

Hey man real nice game!!!!!!

I think people like mine because its simple.
    My story is like:

Boss = bad
    Walk around in places until you find boss.
    Kill boss.
    And buy stuff along the way.

Your game really has a story!
    Great work!

And GARGONII, ease up on him will ya?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed