Thread: All hail……I am a jedi……

&TH of undefined behavior Fordy's Avatar

All hail……I am a jedi……

Before the last census in the UK, and email was circulated asking everyone to list their religion as “Jedi” under the “Other” box of the religion section. It said that if > 10,000 did the same, then Jedi would be recognised as a religion on the next census. Being a staunch Star Wars fan and not really giving a toss for other religions or even the census I was filling in, I opted for Jedi.

Check this……BBC

I am now Yoda’s best mate……

I would have done the same. I have a 5 foot long poster of episode I on my wall and actually also 2 other normal sized starwars posters.

Errata....

I dont think it will be on the next census, but the Nat. Stat. Office can now add it to their coding sheets.......

A small victory, but a good one me thinks......

Are you going to get the DVD comming out next week? It has 6 hrs of interviews and footage.

No....where can I get it from?

Hold on, I'll look for a link. Yeah it comes out the middle of next week. Starwars Episode I DVD.

It's also advertised on www.starwars.com but here is a small breakdown of the DVD Set.

http://www.dvdguide.com.au/details.asp?Code=STARWARS
    Last edited by Troll_King; 10-10-2001 at 02:49 AM.

Oh right....I thought you meant a sneak peak at the new one....

I have ep1 on video with all the others (I know its better on DVD).

I'll try rent it to see the interviews

This thing is between 6-8 hrs long. The tape version is a joke, I have that too.

>>This thing is between 6-8 hrs long. The tape version is a joke, I have that too.

Had to buy it though......

Sure, I had to buy the VHS version myself. I was disappointed though because I'm used to watching DVDs. DVDs have much better picture quality, better sound, director commentarites, interivews, behind the sceenes, never before seen, etc.

I can't bear to watch my VHS version. Well not quite, but it is not easy. I think it wrecked the movie. lol.

Prisoner of my own mind
    Fordy, its out on DVD on Monday 15th October in the UK, you can get it wherever has the best offer out on it that sells DVD's, like Virgin, or HMV, or Woolworths or WH Smiths or even online or wherever, you know shops.

The census was I bit pointless, since I moved from that address within 3 months of filling it in, all the information I supplied is completely useless, it was never accuarate since it took place over at least 3 weeks and is meant to aid policy decisions for the next 10 years. It just seems a really flawed idea or badly executed. And all the questions seemed completely pointless as well, and were mostly phrased badly as were the tick box answers. If I'd have followed the rules as written, for answering the questions I would have ticked every box in the how educated are you section for at least GCSE's and A-Levels. It was a just dumb pointless waste of time and money.

I thought about putting Jedi, but wasn't inclined to waste the ink, and I'd rather have put Sith...
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself.

>>Fordy, its out on DVD on Monday 15th October in the UK, you can get it wherever has the best offer out on it that sells DVD's, like Virgin, or HMV, or Woolworths or WH Smiths or even online or wherever, you know shops.

No...really?? Well thanks for stating the obvious.....

The reason why I asked where I could get it from was because I thought he was refering to something else.

Prisoner of my own mind
    Yeah, I get that now, you managed to have the rest of the conversation whilst I was composing my rant on the census.

I first hit post reply at the No... where can I get it from point
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself.

Unregistered
    have you seen the screenshots and movie for the new star wars galaxies online game yet (i want to play a sith)

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...edia/media.jsp

Only the original 3 movies were any good. Phantom Menace sucked.
    Ramble on...

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed