Programming Message Boards
Message Board Information
Before you post, please read the
, which answers many common programming questions including
how to clear
for a keypress
, generate random
run executables, and display
a picture file
; the FAQ also tells you what to do if you want
to download a specific header file
, and how to deal with many other
programming problems. Hammer and Lightatdawn compiled the FAQ with help from
When posting, please keep in mind the
principles that follow. If a post blatantly violates these
guidelines, the post will be removed. The board is here to help
you; the guidelines will help you get answers more quickly.
Message Board Rules
- Don't expect someone to write your entire program.
- Check to see if your question has been answered (use the search feature
and read the FAQ!)
- Use a descriptive title (not just "C" or "C++"; make it specific). You don't need to write more than one H, E, L, or P in help, and it definitely doesn't need to be capitalized.
- Let dead posts lie; don't bump old messages without a reason or they will likely be deleted.
- Post your code. If you don't have any, ask where to start; please do not for someone to write the program for you.
- Don't type anything in all CAPS.
- Don't ask for a personal email - the board will send an email when a post is replied to if you desire. Use that and check back when you get a reply; the board moves messages up. The email feature will also send the text of the reply to you.
- Post once: don't keep pressing post. Duplicates will be deleted. Do not cross post; almost everyone reads most of the important boards.
- Be polite, especially if you want someone to help you. Keep in mind that being helpful does not give license to be rude.
- Disparaging remarks without provocation and unsolicited advertisements
posted on the main forums will be immediately removed; if you wish to
advertise, you should use the Projects and Recruitments board. Don't waste
your time, and don't waste my time. You can't make six thousand dollars from
six dollars, and I don't care if the iPod really is free.
- Please do not use the message board as a support group. If you are having personal problems, the best thing for you to do is to find a responsible person in your community to help you.
- Each visitor is allowed one and only one account on the message board without special permission from a moderator or administrator.
- When you post code, you must use code